This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Upon launching FSXGET, empty window flashes, disappears, then nothing

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I am attempting to run FSXGET on a networked computer which is already successfully linked to FSX using SimConnect.

I have installed Google Earth and FSXGET on the second networked computer.

On the main networked computer where I have FSX, I have run SimConnect Config Tool and made the recommended settings.

When I try to launch FSXGET on the second computer, I get a quick flash of an empty window (what I assume to be a setup screen where I need to set up the IP address), but the window immediately disappears and then nothing.

If I launch Windows Task Manager, I can see fsxget.exe under the Processes Tab, so I know it is running. However, there is nothing on screen. Alt-TAB results in nothing.

I have even manually edited the correct IP address for the main FSX computer into the FSXGET "settings.cfg" file located on the second computer.

Any direction would be most appreciated!

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I have the same problem. All I seem to have is a shortcut to nothing.

Please help.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2012 at 2:57 AM

When you say you have already successfully linked FSX using SimConnect, how do you know? Are you using other programs with FSX over the LAN? For instance, mine already was set up to run PlanG and ASE over the LAN so it was nothing to get FSGet to work.

You may have a parameter incorrect in your .cfg file. Open the file Drive:\FSX Google Earth Tracker\SimConnect.cfg in any text editor and make sure you have:

Pprotocol=IPv4

Address= (your FSX PC IP address or computer name on network)

Port=500

Then restart FSGet.

For my setup, I am using my FSX PC's name, not the IP address and it works swimmingly. (Address=cosmos). All I do is click FSGet shortcut and open GoogleEarth and there I be. I do not get any AI traffic though yet. Still pluckin' at it.

Good luck.