This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

My User Aircraft Position is all zeros

Jul 12, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Hello,

This program seems to be exactly what I was looking for.  After much trial and error, I was finally able to get FSXGET on my PC (running FSX) communicating with FSXGET on my laptop (running Google Earth).  I had not been letting FSXGET start my FSX and GE programs for me. 

However, now my problem is that my current position in Google Earth is all zeros (0o00'00.00"N, 0o00'00.00"E) at altitude 0 ft.  I am running FSXGET 0.1 Beta 3, FSX SP2, with WinXP on both systems.

What is strange is that when I started FSXGET and then Google Earth on my laptop, it initially showed me what I think were AI planes over China (where I was flying) for a few minutes.  I didn't see my aircraft, but I watched the left "Places" panel blink as it was updating.  I waited a few minutes and now I am stuck at 0o00'00.00"N, 0o00'00.00"E

The other possibly relevant item is that the FSXGET icons both say "waiting for connection" on mouse-over but FSXGET has added the "Current Position", "Flight Path", etc items to my "Temporary Places in Google Earth and they blink every few seconds like they think they are updating.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Jul 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Try opening the KML (that you open in GE) with note pad and check the port stated is open on your router and that the IP is correct.

I had this probelm and worked out FSGET generated a KML file for my LAN and I needed it to open in Google maps, so had to change it to my Internet IP and then it showed where my aircraft was.