This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Read Me?

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Is there any type of intro or read me section I'm missing? I know this open source, but I can't make heads or tails of this thing and I am quite computer savvy. It says, waiting for connection and I see that it is going off of this .kml file but my IP isn't one of the options. I don't see much activity here, has this idea died? If so how about releasing the development version to the public?

Thanks,

Dan

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Dan,
You sent me two e-mails asking questions.
I am just another frustrated user who can make the product work very occasionally.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email removed]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:11 AM
Subject: Read Me? [fsxget:77930]

Is there any type of intro or read me section I'm missing? I know this open source, but I can't make heads or tails of this thing and I am quite computer savvy. It says, waiting for connection and I see that it is going off of this .kml file but my IP isn't one of the options. I don't see much activity here, has this idea died? If so how about releasing the development version to the public?

Thanks,

Dan

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM

To answer your questions: first of all: there is no readme section or help / intro file. sorry, but I didn't see the need for one.

Anyway, using the program should be fairly simple. fire up FSX and FSXGET (in whatever order you like). As soon as FSXGET detects that FSX is running, it will connect to it and the icon in the status bar should turn green. Now right-click the icon and select "Run Google Earth 4" and Google Earth should start with your FSX aircraft data already loaded.

I think though I might know where any confusion might come from: If FSXGET is not connected to FSX (i.e. the icon is not green) and you right-click it and hit "Run Google Earth" it will just start Google Earth without any aircraft data loaded. Might that be your problem?

Make sure both FSX and FSXGET are running and FSXGET displays with a green icon (i.e. is connected to FSX) AFTER ALL THAT IS THE CASE right-click the icon and select "Run Google Earth".

As for the last question: Yes, the project is kind of dead at the moment. I simply can't find the time anymore to continue working on it and since all of the other developers seem to suffer from the same problem, there's not much going on here at the moment. Sorry, but for the time being this is how it's going to be... unless there's any volunteers?!?!

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Thanks for the reply,

Not sure Tacoma on what you said there, I never sent you emails, just added this new post and replied to another. Perhaps it is your preferences here?

As far as my issue, it is stated above. "It says, waiting for connection and I see that it is going off of this .kml file but my IP isn't one of the options"

It never connects is the problem, so I cannot make sure it is running (all green) because it never is, it never is because of the problem I listed. It always says "Waiting for connection". I am running this off the same PC as FSX but my IP is not listed as a choice to create the .klm file from.

I appreciate your time and thanks for the replies. I understand about time on special projects being limited. I wish I could help but I just don't know coding like this, other than some ruby batch file type stuff.