This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Google Earth follow me ..

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Is there a way to cause google earth to move with the plane ?

Everything works nicely, but I need to move google earth to keep the plane in the view.

Any google earth setting ? XML command ? something to cause it to keep track of it by itself ?

Cheers
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2007 at 6:29 AM
Hello asabi,

at the moment there's no such option in FSXGET itself. The feature does already exist in the current development version but it's still a long way till this version will be released.

Nevertheless, there is an option in Google Earth when you right-click a placemark and have a look at the property pages. You can select to center the view on this placemark. This will make google earth follow it when it's position is update.

This works but isn't very smooth neither does it allow you to control any viewing options, but these features will most certainly be present in future versions of FSXGET.
Dec 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hmmm, well it's been a couple years now, so how's it going with the progress? If it's stopped in it's tracks how about releasing the development version? I like the program even though I've yet to get it to work, seems to be saying waiting for connection and my IP isn't any of the choices it gives. I don't think I'd be interested though if it doesn't auto track as in stay on your aircraft. I would think it would be nothing more than creating a key press but then again the code I'm familliar with is Ruby.