This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

help please.....

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:31 AM

hi,

sorry for being abit of a dunce...but how do i set this up? i was flying with someone who gave me a link to load into google earth so i could see it all happening....how do i set mine up so i can just send a link to other people on a similar sort of basis?

i have it working (i think) on my own computer, or at least my aircraft shows up on google earth where it should be :-)

is there some kind of documentation for this tool? as i couldn;t find any on a cursary glance...

regards,

Lawrence

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM

You'll need to create a KML file and open it with google earth.

You can do this by right clicking the FSGET icon on the bottom right and selecting Create Google Earth KML File.

Make sure that the IP stated in the file is your external IP for other people to view it.

You can edit the KML file in something like notepad and get your latest IP from somewhere like http://whatismyip.com.

You may have a dynamic IP in which case your IP will change now and then and you will have to keep the KML file up to date with your latest IP for it to work.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM

ok cool thanks,

onlky hitch is when i go to create the google earth file, my external IP isn;t listed.....:S

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM

No it won't so you'll have to create it for your Local IP then edit it in notepad changing the lan IP to your external IP.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Edited Aug 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Try opening FSX and google earth from inside FSGET in the system tray.  (Start FSGET first)  It created the kml for me automatically and I just moved it from temporary to My Places.

Alan